ANTA Cooperates With The Economist To Release China Sports Market Research Report
Over 80 senior executives from leading companies, the investment community and the media attended the presentation and panel discussion. Apart Rob koepp, director at ECN, who discussed the findings of the report, other panelists included Erick Haskell, General manager, Greater China at Under Armor; Justin downes, president at IMG Ski Resort Management; and James zheng, executive director at ANTA Sports and President of the brand ANTA, who shared their views on the report, and discussed perspectives and opportunities in from China sports and fitness industry.
James Zheng, Executive Director at ANTA Sports and President of the brand from ANTA, said: “This independent research, together with the discussion of the report with senior management and industry experts, will help policymakers, industry stakeholders, sports fans and the public to better understand the latest developments in the field. of from China sports market from a macro perspective, as well as revealing the market landscape and future opportunities. We hope that the report will generate more interest in from China sports market and initiate discussions on its development. “
- The Chinese government supports programs to promote sports to the population, the country’s State Council aimed at increasing the size of from China sports and fitness market to be surpassed 5,000 billion RMB in value by 2025, more than three times the 1,500 billion RMB it was in 2016. It is expected that from China The sport-to-GDP ratio will reach 3% or more by 2025, significantly higher than the number recorded in 2015 of 1.9%.
- China supports the development of soccer by improving its performance in sport. In addition, the organization of the Winter Olympics in 2022 will further promote winter sports at the national level.
- Traditional wellness practices are combined with modern popular sports, with people now paying more attention to their health and athletic performance, which greatly increases the demand for sportswear.
- There is a much higher demand for sportswear that can enhance athletic performance, which means that athletes and consumers tend to choose sportswear based on “functionalization”, “differentiation” and ” premiumisation “.
The future landscape:
- China’s economic growth is expected to slow, but individual consumption growth will continue to outpace GDP growth.
- As the population continues to age, people over 40 are expected to represent half of the total population by 2020. Those over 40 will outnumber those under 40 by almost 40% in 2030.
- The evolution of the demographics of the population will have no impact on the growth of individual consumption. As society gets richer with higher consumption, it is estimated that total individual consumption levels in 2030 will be three times higher than in 2015.
- About a third of Chinese people exercise frequently, which means that 434 million people in China are physically active. As the economy continues to grow, it is estimated that the number of people who exercise regularly will increase further.
- The sports footwear and clothing market is expected to experience strong growth in the future. According to a market source, sportswear sales will reach 254 billion RMB by 2020, a jump of 54% from 2015.
James Zheng continued, “In the future, ANTA will continue to implement its ‘Single Focus’, ‘Multi-brand’ and ‘Omni-directional Channel’ strategy, and will use both online and offline sales channels to cover all segments. market, from mass to high We will continue to improve the consumer experience and improve the innovation, functionality, design and quality of our products in line with the general trend towards premiumization of the market , which will trigger the growth potential of the Group’s brands and increase market share. “
Please refer to the URL below for the full report:
About ANTA Sports Products Limited
Established in 1994 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2007, ANTA Sports Products Limited (stock code: 2020.HK) is one of the leading sportswear management companies in China. For many years, we have been mainly engaged in the design, development, manufacture and marketing of ANTA sportswear series to provide professional sporting goods to the mass market. Our professional sportswear includes sports shoes, clothing and accessories. Over the past few years, we have started to forge ahead with the ‘Single Focus, Multi-Brand, Omnichannel’ strategy to deepen our footprint in the sportswear market with a dynamic portfolio of brands, including ANTA, ANTA KIDS, FILA, FILA KIDS, Downhill and NBA, seizing every opportunity presented itself in all major retail channels through the successful omnichannel strategy to unleash the potential of mass and high-end markets in China. By integrating various resources including sponsorship and endorsement, advertising and promotional campaigns, corporate social responsibility initiatives, professional store image and high quality and value for money merchandise , we strive to strengthen the image of our brands and the level of association with brands in the minds of our customers. Our aim is to become the leading sportswear management company in the country with the best brand reputation and the largest market share in China, and a respectable and long-term sustainable world-class sportswear company.
YouTube Channel: ANTA Insight
For more information, please contact:
ANTA Sports Limited products
Investor Relations Department
Phone. : + 852-2116-1660
Fax: + 852-2116-1590
E-mail: [email protected]
Quote Dewe Rogerson
Joe pan/ Samuel Xiao
Phone. : + 852-3103-0110 / + 852-3103-0128
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE ANTA Sports Products Limited